Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Long awaited list of musicians (Part 2)

And here we go with part two! For part 1, go here.

Day 2:
Brand New - "Okay I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't." They were okay. I'd never heard them before... kinda a mix of genres. Not too shabby.

Linkin Park - "In The End." I've never been a fan. This particular song is... okay I guess. (They certainly have worse songs, IMO.)

Boyz II Men - "Motownphilly." One of the bands I used to hear a lot when I was a kid. This is my favorite song of their's (so '90s!), so it was pretty nifty.

System of A Down - "Sugar." What can you say? A lot of their songs sound alike to me. I dunno.

Led Zeppelin - "Stairway to Heaven." Uh, duh. This song is pretty legendary. What else can you say?

Sublime - "Burritos." The chick that presented them really seemed as though she was trying to get it all over with quickly. She didn't say a lot. I dunno. The sound always reminds me a bit of Reel Big Fish.

Eminem - "When I'm Gone." You know, when I was younger I rather liked him. Now not so much, lol. This particular song is pretty... deep, I guess. I muist commend him though -- on many of his songs he talks about stuff a lot of other rappers don't. Kudos for that. Nega-kudos for his attitude though...

Alan Jackson - "Who's Cheatin' Who." The girl who presented him was so cute. She was obviously a big fan.

Michael Jackson - "Thriller." I don't care what anyone says about this man... he's kinda amazing. And Thriller is from the height of his amazingness. I have the album (I'm black... it's a requirement), and just wow.

Brad Paisley - "Alcohol." I love him! I have for a while. Cool song... very country, very him. Good times.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - "Californication." Another amazing song. Great band. I was glad this was the song the person played.

Run-DMC - "King of Rock." I knew this song from Guitar Hero Aerosmith, and you know what? It's awesome. Lol. It was cool because there's a lyric in the song that says "I'm not Michael Jackson and this is not Thriller." I almost laughed because just a few minutes ago we had heard Michael Jackson's Thriller. Maybe it was just me though, lol.

50 Cent - "In Da Club." Okay, I'm not a fan. Even remotely. So I heard his name and groaned inwardly. Then I see the person presenting is this adorable petite girl who I would have pegged for a Britney or Christina fan. It was so trippy. But then her CD wouldn't work so she didn't get to play the song. I was happy because I didn't want to hear it, but then I felt sorta guilty... it was almost like I willed the CD player to malfunction! Are my powers of wishful thinking that strong? At first I hoped not, then I hoped so. Now I laugh at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment