Thursday, May 21, 2009

Long awaited list of musicians (Part 1)

I metioned that project from my music class where I had to write about and present Billy Joel, right? Well I remember promising to discuss all the artists we heard from and how the presentations went. And why? Because I dearly loved that class, and even though I'm glad school has ended, I dealy miss it.

Day 1:
Jay-Z - "Change Clothes." I'm not really a fan, but the guy who presented was pretty cool.

Michael Buble - "Kissing a Fool." The song is a George Michael cover. Causes me to want to saw ftw.

Bone Thugs N Harmony - "Crossroads." This song I had heard before. Apparently it had tied some chart record with the Beatles. You learn something everyday.

Faith Hill - "There You'll Be." I like this song. Our teacher asked the girl presenting if she thought Faith Hill was country... then he pretty much said she sold out. It was pretty funny.

Pearl Jam - "Jeremy." I couldn't hear the song very well because the guy played it on his phone. I did get that it was about a kid that committed suicide.

Twisted Sister - "I Wanna Rock." That was just... awesome. God, I miss the 80s.

The Coup - "My Favorite Mutiny." An underground rap group that's like totally political. This wasn't bad.

Band of Horses - "No One's Gonna Love You." Great song. This is the only song of their's I know, but it's a good one.

The Strokes - "New York City Cops." Eh. I'm not a big Strokes fan. They're alright.

Cursive - "The Game of Who Needs Who Worse." I had never heard them, but they sound okay. Pretty rock.

Garth Brooks - "Friends in Low Places." The dude presenting Garth was obviously a big fan. Called him "the God of music." Big wow.

Next time, soon, we'll come to day two. It only gets better.

iWant of the day: Samantha's Table and Chairs

1 comment:

  1. I did it. I had to come comment. As soon as I seen Garth Brook's 'friends in low places' I really laughed out loud. No clue why, but I did.

    ReplyDelete