Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy birthday, Bob Dylan! (And other unrelated thoughts)

So, today was, apparently, Bob Dylan's birthday! Well, yesterday was, since it's past midnight. I just read this fact on a certain person's Twitter. I feel bad that I didn't know. Happy birthday, Mr. Dylan! Your music has revolutionized my life in this short amount of time. I know you won't read this, but man, I want you to know it.

Anyways, this past Friday my awesome music teacher and his band were in concert at this place downtown. And I, your faithful blogger, did not get to go. I know... how unfair is that? But I did get a pretty nifty present... The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll. (And please don't ask who that is... my heart will stop.) It's filled with such beautiful Aliceness. If you've never read the Alice books (yes, as in Wonderland, lol), there is a poem at the end of each of them. Every time I read them, they mean something new to me. And as I was browsing this beautiful book in Barnes and Noble, I decided to read those poems again. This time, for some reason, they just about choked me up. If you never read the books (which you should), you must at least read those poems. You won't be sorry.


So, I know you're wondering what I've been doing since school ended. Well... I've been watching lots of stuff on the DVR. TLC has been having a marathon of Jon and Kate Plus Eight. That's been my weekend. This is the fast paced life of a college girl.


iWant of the day:
First Maximum Ride book, for I've heard good things from a few people

2 comments:

  1. DUDE!!!!

    No Way!!

    I absolutely love that book!

    It's awesome.

    About the fast paced life of a college girl, yea, dude, I can barely keep up. =D

    I am pretty sure I have a Alice book by Lewis Carrol on my book list, I know I meant to put it on there. Since you love it so much.

    Bob Dylan's birthday, huh? Interesting. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jon and Kate Plus Eight! LOL

    - Aly

    ReplyDelete