Monday, July 13, 2015

what a rambling collection of thoughts

So last time I posted I said I was getting a cold.  I'm just now getting over that (it was awful).  I also said I wanted to die.  I kinda still do.  I'm not going to do anything (if anyone is reading this, which I don't think) don't panic or worry or whatever.  But you know.  There it is.

I've been thinking today about death and wishing for it.  If I remember correctly, the first time I wished I would just die was when my grandpa died.  Losing him was hard for me.  Next month it'll be ten years, and I still miss him.  But yeah... I remember being in the hospital on the fourth floor when he was in the ICU.  I remember leaning against the window and wishing it would just break and I'd fall through.

I wanted to die then because grieving was too hard.  The weight of that loss was too much, and I didn't know how to function without the constant love and support and validation he provided for me.

But I didn't die.  I survived that and here I am now.  Nothing horrible has happened and still... I feel now like I wish the ground would open up and swallow me.  I don't know why this is.  Like... sometimes it scares me how little I care.  Sometimes I legitimately wish to die in my sleep when I get in bed.  But other days I'm like "huh, that was a dumb feeling yesterday, I'mma keep living" so I don't even know.

In other news, my birthday is in a month and two days, and today my present arrived.  EEEEeeeeeh.

I'm going to be 27.  Isn't that awful?


No comments:

Post a Comment