Friday, April 26, 2019

DYRC19 March: The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives by Leonard Mlodinow

Yes, I'm well aware that not only is March over but April is nearly over as well, lol.  Shit happens.  I did finish the book though, uphill battle though it was, so let's get to it!


Soooooo.  The theme for March was Science and Technology.  I am not a science person, really (try as I might, that's not how my brain works), so I looked through goodreads for something that would fit the theme but also be kind of fun.  This book was described by a  lot of reviewers as  being humorous and irreverent in its approach to discussing statistics, probability, and randomness.  Would I agree with that assessment?  Yes and no.

There was nothing wrong, in my limited understanding, with the information in the book.  And it wasn't poorly delivered.  There wasn't anything wrong with the style.  But the fact that this is not a subject that interests me made this a hard book to get through.  It was good, but honestly not for me.

I didn't post a review to goodreads for this book, however you should just... follow me on goodreads anyways, lol.

I read this book between March 27th and April 26th.  Part of that was the fact that I've been busy with work and life, the other part of it is the fact that it's not really a book I was enjoying.

Would I recommend this book?  Unless this is a subject you really enjoy, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment