Friday, August 8, 2014

-.-

When my mom starts talking to me about finances and our many, many financial problems, I tend to reach a certain point where I can't handle it anymore and I mentally check out.  This doesn't solve the problems at all... but it makes it easier for me to keep from getting any more anxious and stressed out than I already am.  But sometimes I check too far out... and I end up losing details from my memory.  I think I've said before that when I'm at my lowest, I sometimes lose whole chunks of memory... like, for example, I don't remember much of April.  I remember the 23rd and the 27th for various reasons.  But whatever.

It's probably not healthy to check out that way.  And maybe it isn't even depression that makes me forget things... maybe I've got a brain tumor or some illness or something.  That would be just my luck.

But that whole checking out thing... that's why I suck at being an adult.  That's why I'm not a real adult.  That's why I should age backwards on my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment