Thursday, July 2, 2009

The voices in my head, and why it's my fault they're there.

If my constant long windedness on this blog hadn't tipped you off, this will shock you: I like to write. I write a lot... stories, plays, novellas... I've made a few brief forays into poetry too, but they all turn out a lot more emo than I hope so they usually end up hidden away forever. But this evening as I was living my full and exciting life (you know... playing video games of the karaoke nature), one of my abandoned stories popped into my head. This particular story has been 1/8 written and taking up space in my mind for a while now... probably since my senior year in high school or shortly thereafter. This story is inspired partly by something that did happen to me, and partly by something that I wish would happen to me. The rest of it is inspired by the worst case scenario if I did end up getting what I wanted. So this main character is loosely based on me... she's even more like me than Wendy (a doll/character from another story of mine) or Morgan (character from my first ff). But this character is a little different than me... she isn't nearly as insecure, but she's a lot more foolhardy. The crazy whims I get and talk myself out of plague her too, but she actually follows them, and that's a big source of that worse case scenario thing playing out for her.

But anyways, whenever something I've been writing pops into my head like that, there's nothing I can do to get it to go away. Except, of course, devote the rest of my time to writing it until I get another block. Then it'll go away for months and come back at some inconvenient time.


And in other news... I'm officially a nerd, as if I wasn't already. The song stuck in my head?


No comments:

Post a Comment