Sunday, February 23, 2020

Merry Misfits Book Club (Year Two): February: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

For February, the book club had the choice of a couple of different fairy tale retellings: Cinder by Marissa Meyer and Goose Girl by Shannon Hale.  Although I like Shannon Hale as an author, I chose Cinder simply because it was available as an audiobook from the library through the overdrive app, lol.


I really enjoyed this book.  I do enjoy retellings of the Cinderella story, and this was a really innovative one.  It has this whole sci-fi thing going on that was really cool.  I don't want to sound shady, but I didn't know it was AS sci-fi as it was, so if I had read a summary of the book beforehand I probably wouldn't have read it... which I'm definitely glad I did, because I enjoyed it.  So even if the story doesn't SOUND like it would appeal to you, it just might.  You could still enjoy it.  Like last month's book, this one is the first of a series and I'm considering eventually reading later books in the series.  I'd recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment