Tuesday, January 7, 2020

computer...

So I have two laptops and neither does what it's supposed to.  One, the one I'd been using, was actually a really great machine, and then one day the hinge just broke and the screen has been gaping open on the side ever since.  And then it started having an issue where it would fucking constantly disconnect from wifi and I'd have to mess with it to get it to connect again.  Now the option for wifi is completely gone, so it officially no longer goes online.  (I'm sure it'd work with ethernet but I don't have a cable handy.)  The second computer is a hand me down from my friend.  She got a new laptop and gave me her old one because I was having issues with mine.  This computer can stay connected to the internet, and it has nice strong hinges.  But everything else about it is pretty much an exercise in frustration.  It has a touch screen but the touch screen has never worked... so it constantly has a problem with ghost tapping.  The cursor moves itself, so when I'm typing, sometimes the cursor will move to the middle of a word or the beginning of a sentence... so I'll be typing and the words will come up backwards.  I'm not explaining that well, but does it sound frustrating?  Because it's incredibly frustrating!  So I'm planning to get a new computer because I can't fucking live like this anymore... but I hate windows 10 so much I'm thinking of getting a mac, and those are much more expensive.. so maybe a refurb.  So fingers crossed that if I do that I don't end up with a lemon.  But man, I can't keep dealing with these half functioning machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment