Saturday, November 2, 2019

DYRC 19 September: Burnin' Up: On Tour With the Jonas Brothers

The theme for September was non-fic.  I'd been tempted to cheat and swap DYRC's September and August themes so the non-fic themes would coincide and I could get away with just one book (y'all know I love to read, but I never have any time to do it, and desperate lack of free time calls for desperate measures) but I ended up not doing that.  Cheating felt like cheating, lol.  So instead I decided to go easy on myself and just read something lighthearted and picture heavy.  So...


Burnin' Up: On Tour With the Jonas Brothers was written at the height of Jonas fever (2008), which was generally a better time in general, lol.  The book is mostly pics, behind the scenes pics from their When You Look Me In The Eyes Tour (the first time I saw them) and the Burnin' Up Tour (which I also attended), but there are lots of passages of the brothers talking about their lives and career and family.  It made me super nostalgic and happy.  This band has meant a lot to me, and I actually finished it up while I was sitting in a hotel after watching them in concert for the first time in TEN YEARS!  This book was the best companion... and I'm glad for once that I ended up behind.

Here's my Goodreads review.

I read this book between October 21st and October 22nd.  Yes, it was a book for September...I'm trying really hard to get caught up!

Would I recommend this book? If you're a Jonas fan, absolutely.  If not, you won't get anything out of it, so probably not.


No comments:

Post a Comment