Monday, March 4, 2019

DYRC19 February: Let's Talk About Love by Clare Kann

February's theme was a romance book.  Obviously that's broad and gives you a looooot of options, and in a way that makes it harder, doesn't it?  I didn't want to read about the typical straight white couple of your typical romance book.  I didn't want anything crazy sexual.  I wanted something that gave me the warm fuzzies!  So after poking around goodreads and reading a bunch of different online lists, I found Let's Talk About Love by Clare Kann.


I really liked this book, though I didn't love it as much as I expected to.  It was really good and well written, but there were certain parts that made me uncomfortable for personal reasons.  I think what happened is that I read the summary of this -- a biromantic asexual black girl named Alice meets this amazing guy while working at a library and they figure out the whole dating while ace thing together --  and it hit all the right buttons.  I hyped it up a little too much so it would have been hard to live up to that.  But I did like it!  The ending was perfect.

Here's my goodreads review.  Not a lot more in depth thoughts but you know... follow me on Goodreads lol.

I started this book February 22 and finished February 24.  Equal parts quick read and me having a lot of time on my hands, sitting at my mom's hospital bedside.

Would I recommend this book? Sure, it was a fun little read.

No comments:

Post a Comment