Tuesday, November 13, 2018

12 meses 12 libros: October: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Yes, this is indeed very late.  Again.  I apologize.  I would like to say it won't happen again, but I can't promise that.  I can try, but I can't promise.  (Not like I'm not reading... I'm an editor, it's a big part of my job... I just hate not meeting up with arbitrary goals I've set for myself, and this makes my life even more difficult lol.  But you know.  It be like that lmao.)

Anyways, October's theme was a famous author from your country (not bestsellers, which is next month... as detailed in this post, I mixed them up, lol.  But turns out the book I picked for October and November both fit the themes for both October and November, so I think I'm still good).  I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, which I had been wanting to read for quite some time.  I really love the movie, so I was looking forward to checking the book out.


Words can't describe how great this book is.  The characters are pitch perfect, compelling, and absolutely horrible people.  The plot (which I was familiar with, because of the movie -- a pretty faithful adaptation) is a wild ride and not at all predictable.  Even though I knew what would happen I was still on the edge of my seat, not wanting to put the book down.  I want to write characters with this much depth.  Even when you know for a fact that you're dealing with liars, you find yourself buying what they're saying.  A very skillfully written book.  I enjoyed it so much.

I share more of my thoughts on this book in my (equally glowing) Goodreads review here.  You should totally follow me, btw.

I started this book on October 21st and finished on November 12th.  (Again, I regret that I finished late, but what can you do.... it didn't take me that long because of lack of enjoyment.  I just have been a bit busier than I'd like to be, leaving me less free time to spend curled up with a book -- which is where I frankly belong, lol.)

Bottom line, would I recommend this book to a friend? YES.  Even if you've seen the movie, especially if you've seen and enjoyed the movie.  If you like fucked up stories about fucked up people, this one is It, baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment