Wednesday, November 5, 2014

words, words, words

Today wasn't a terrible day.  I mean, it wasn't like an award winning great day, but I survived.  And yeah, sometimes that's all I can ask.  Sometimes I think my lack of motivation is the reason I'm still alive, so I should probably be thankful for that.

I'm starting to feel a little better about what I'm writing.  The whole opening chapter, I'm pretty sure, is garbage.  I'm not going to be able to use that if I decide to post this story.  But I guess the question Future Bre will be faced with is whether she should rewrite that whole bit or leave it out entirely.  I'm worried the story wouldn't make sense without it, but I also kinda feel like it would.  Like, all of the BS exposition in that first chapter could be peppered throughout the rest of the story (or, in some cases, left out entirely, to be honest... to the betterment of the piece).  But I don't know.  But yeah... I am much more confident in what I wrote after that.  Sure, it needs a lot of polishing, but it's better than how it all began.

But I'm a lazy ass with no motivation so I haven't written a damn word today.  Hence my desire to make a post on this blog that no one reads rather than being productive and actually getting to work.  You see, this is why I fail so much and why I've gotten literally nowhere in life.

Fuuuck, I was trying to be positive, wasn't I?

Okay.  Well.  As I said, I'm more confident in what I've been writing.  The second chapter actually turned out pretty good, I think.  I'm on the third chapter now, and though I'm still near the beginning, this one might be all right too.  And I'm not behind... I need to do today's to stay current, but I'm not behind yet.  So bully for me, honestly.  The way I've been feeling, it is actually a pretty fucking big accomplishment that I've stayed on task for five days.  Good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment