Monday, May 13, 2019

Merry Misfit's Book Club May: The Cowboy's Second Chance by Riley Knight

May's theme for the Merry Misfits Book Club was a niche genre, or one you don't usually go for.  I mentioned last year that I struggle with picking a genre I haven't really read, because my interests are very broad.  I thought I'd go ahead and read a western, but then I realized that that sounded less than fun.  Sooo... I put "gay western" into amazon and this was something that came up. #noragrets


I ripped through this book so fast... I enjoyed it a lot!  It was just super cute.  Parts of  it were rushed and predictable, but I never minded.  It was just a sweet little book... there was a lot of mutual pining and other fanfic-y tropes (I say that without a hint of derision because I love fanfic; I write fanfic so these trope get me right lol).  The characters were what I would call loveable idiots, and honestly I almost immediately went back and purchased the other book in this series after finishing this one.  You could call a book like this a guilty pleasure, but I'm not even that guilty, lol.  I enjoyed it, and there's nothing to feel guilty about with that!

Here's my goodreads review.  Not a lot of thoughts there, but I was the first review on this title... so that's something, lol.

I read this book between May 7th and May 9th.  Quick read, fun read I was eager to continue and finish.

Would I recommend this book to a friend?  I mean... if you're into smutty gay romance novels that have some very fanfic-y tropes, then yes.  If not, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment