Friday, July 27, 2018

12 meses 12 libros: July: Shakespeare's Secret by Elise Broach

The theme for this month was a book you picked based on the cover.  A while ago (a month or two, I think) I went to a library sale.  If you ever have a chance to go to one of these, you definitely should!  You can get books for cheap and all the proceeds go to help your local library.  I got like 15ish books for less than $7 that day, and one of them was Shakespeare's Secret by Elise Broach.  You guys know I love kids books and I love Shakespeare, and I thought the cover looked cool and fun... it implied mystery, and the art style reminded me a bit of A Series of Unfortunate Events, so I knew this would be a good book for this month.


This was a really cute, fun little book.  I'd never heard of it, or the author, but I'm glad I picked it up.  I got to really like the characters, the mystery was fun, and there was a really nice (happy) twist that I didn't see coming, but in hindsight the clues were there.

I started this book July 21st and finished July 25th.  It's not terribly long (over 200 pages but it is a kid's book) and it only took me as long as it did to finish because I had other things going on (watching true crime videos on youtube mostly lol).


Bottom line, would I recommend this book to a friend? Yeah!  I don't think it's by any means a must read or a life changing book, but it's really fun and you'll probably enjoy it, especially if you're a big nerd who has ever wondered if Shakespeare is really Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment