Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I really do love Simon

I finished reading Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens agenda tonight, and I really want to talk about it.  It's not my assigned libro for the month so I won't make like a formal post on it (if you can call what I've been posting "formal" lol) but I do just have so many thoughts.

I didn't know about this book until I heard about the movie Love, Simon.  But the movie looked really good and really cute, so I wanted to see it.  But money being what it is (also transportation being what it is... and lack of friends to go places with me being what it is lol) I haven't seen it yet.  I've requested the DVD from the library so hopefully I'll get to see it shortly after the home release.  But anyways, since I couldn't see the movie, I decided to grab the book from the library and I'm really glad I did.

I would say this book was a total feel good read.  It's not sappy and gooey, and there are a lot of heavy emotions involved, but I was happy the whole time I read it.  I got invested in Simon as a character, fell in love with him as a person, and wanted the best for him.  He feels like a real teenager.  I really love him as a character... what a loveable idiot.

This book made me really want to read Becky Albertalli's other work too.  I'm going to request them from the library, I think.  

I'm kind of just rambling because it's late and I'm full of thoughts, but I really enjoyed this cute little book.  It was a fast read, and it felt so incredibly authentic, and it just made me feel warm.  SO wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment