Wednesday, February 28, 2018

12 meses, 12 libros: February: Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

The challenge for February was a friend's favorite book.  I was recommended the book Good Omens, and I was excited to check it out since I've heard good things!  (Btw, I recommended the same friend read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass, and she'll have a post about it on her website!)


I had been wanting to read this for a while but never really gotten around to it, but the beauty of a challenge like this is that you get around to reading things you've been meaning to or wanting to (or needing to)!  I really enjoyed it.  It's funny, got supernatural excitement, and more British-isms than you can shake a stick at.  I did find myself getting more and more invested as the story went on... it took me ages, for example, to read the first hundred pages, but the last hundred pages I took down really quickly.  There are a lot of characters to follow, which can be fun, but if you do like I did and take a break while reading it, you may have to refresh yourself a bit on who some of them are lol.

I began reading this on February 13th, and (after taking a break for at least a week because of Reasons), I finished juuuuust on time on the 28th.

Bottom line, would I recommend this book?  Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment