Monday, April 24, 2017

I said to someone recently that I didn't feel like the people around me were supporting me, and they asked me what I wanted these hypothetical people to do.  I didn't really know how to answer that because it seemed fairly obvious to me -- I'm desperately alone, alternating between desperately empty and desperately sad... and in short, desperately desperate.  I'm looking for emotional support.  But I didn't know how to put into words what that would entail.  I think right now the main thing that would be is I want someone, anyone, to listen to me, really listen to me, and not just wait for me to finish talking so they can have their turn to talk.  I get a lot of that... and of people who don't wait for me to finish and just talk over the top of me.  I just want to feel heard.  I want to feel like someone cares.  I would give anything to feel that, I swear on my life I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment